Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sooooo Excited!

We’re flying to North Carolina bright and early Friday morning to meet Sean, Mary, and Kayla. Wow! On one hand, it felt like this day would never get here and on the other, I can’t believe how fast the last six weeks have gone by. It still amazes me that six weeks ago I had no idea… it’s still a little surreal.

I want to take a minute and thank everyone: friends, family, colleagues, who have – willing or not – taken this journey with me. Your support and shared excitement has made what is already an incredible experience just that much more so. Your words of encouragement whether through email, Facebook, blog comments, phone calls, or in person have been fantastic, I couldn’t ask for a better support network – who needs a therapist… just one small favor to ask - PLEASE send thoughts of good weather out to the universe, looks like tomorrow could be a dicey travel day.

I’d be lying if I told you that it’s been easy to concentrate this week, but it’s not due to nerves. It is sheer excitement. I’m about ready to burst. I was just telling a colleague yesterday that Sean and I have covered the scary topics already, so while I fully expect there will be some surprises, I’m pretty sure I’m not going to discover anything that makes me want to run back to Boston.

Off we go…

No comments:

Post a Comment